Evaluation of Certificate Program
- Pilot Process of Course
- During the pilot process of the course, each delivery of an ILT is evaluated by the CAFSP staff, the funding agency, the subject matter experts, the oversight committee and the participants.
- Development Meeting
- CAFSP staff, the funding agency, and the subject matter experts observe the delivery of a pilot, and after the pilot, hold a development meeting where the course is discussed, the student evaluations are read, and a discussion of what went well, what went poorly, and what needs to be changed. After the pilot, a tabulation of the student evaluations and a summary of all written portions of the student evaluations are reported to the CAFSP staff, the instructors, and the Oversight Committee.
- At the completion of the training courses, CAFSP staff tabulates the average response for each quantitative question and types a summary of qualitative questions. These summary reports are sent to the CAFSP directors, instructors in order for them to measure program effectiveness.
- For web courses, participants are asked to complete a quantitative evaluation. Moodle automatically tabulates the survey data, and the web course evaluations are reported to CAFSP directors, the funding agency, and the Oversight Committee on a quarterly basis.
- CAFSP will send out periodic surveys to the participants after completion of the course in order to gauge long term effects of the courses. This data is analyzed in order to ensure that the courses support long time learning.
- Semi-Annual Report
- The funding agency receives semi-annual reports with all the performance data from the courses.
- Twice a year an evaluation report that includes all the performance data from the courses will be generated. The data of the report will comprised of summaries per class of the average response for each quantitative question and summaries of the qualitative questions of the student evaluations; and the pretest, posttest, and the Center’s activity average scores for each class. In addition, the summary data including the pretest and posttests and the evaluations from each web course will be included in the evaluation report. This report will be sent prior to a meeting of the Oversight Committee.
- During each meeting, the OC will discuss the results of the evaluation report and vote on recommendations to change the program’s purpose, scope, learning outcomes, design, content, method of delivery or assessment methods if any are deemed to be needed. In addition, if a survey has been administered during the time period that is being evaluated, the results will be shared with the OC.