- Complete the appropriate submission form including:
- all clinic and clinician information
- specimen information
- all pertinent history
- If results are to be faxed, please provide your fax number on each submission form.
- The lab processes referral samples Monday through Friday. Due to minimal staffing, we do not accept referral samples on weekends, holidays, and administrative closing days.
- If delivering the following samples:
- Cytology Smears and Blood Smears
- place all cytology smears and blood smears with forms in plastic bags
- leave them in the area designated for clinical pathology samples
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE SLIDES
- Blood, Serum, Urine or Centesis Fluids
- place in a plastic bag along with the request form
- leave in the refrigerator
- Please label all samples individually, and leave all samples at the referral dropoff station unless you have made prior arrangements with the lab.
- We check the drop off station several times each day. If you wish to announce the arrival of your sample or if you have a question, you may call (865) 974-5605.
- If you are mailing samples to us, we suggest you send them overnight via FedEx.
- Most tests have a one day turnaround unless we have a particularly heavy in-house work- load. We do not offer STAT testing for referral specimens. All specimens must be received by 12:00 noon in order to be processed on the same day received.