Papers for Faculty Lunch-time Discussions
(PDF format... click here if you need a FREE version of Acrobat Reader)
- Teaching Tips - Table of Contents
- January 12
- "Teaching as a Scholarly Act"
- "Reflections on the Scholarship of Teaching" (4 total pages).
- January 26.
- "Course Anatomy: The Dissection and Analysis of Knowledge Through Teaching".
(by Lee Shulman - an excellent primer on the scholarship of teaching and how to begin to document it.
- February 18.
- "From Scholarship Reconsidered to Scholarship Assessed".
- February 18 - second short paper.
- "What the Learning Paradigm Means for Faculty".
( This short paper is excellent. I highly recommend it even though we may not use it in one of the faculty discussions.)
- February 25
- "Discussion Method Teaching: How To Make It Work"
- March 9a
- "Helping Students Learn to Think Like Experts When Solving Clinical Problems." (For additional information after the discussion)
- March 9b
- "Encouraging Critical Thinking Using the Case Study Method..."
- Future use
- "Powerful Partnerships: A Shared Responsibility for Learning"
- April 8
- "Connecting What We Know and What We Do Through Problem-Based Learning". (From March, 1999 Amer. Assoc. of Higher Educ. Bulletin)
- May 24
- "Post -Tenure Review: Rehabilitation or Enrichment"
(From April 1999 Amer. Assoc. of Higher Educ. Bulletin)
- June 4
- "If It Pleases the Class" - A humorous look at the dos and don'ts of teaching.