M. Donald McGavin, MVSc, Ph.D., DACVP, FACVSc
Department of Pathobiology
The University of Tennessee
PO Box 1071
Knoxville, TN 37901-1071EmailEmail
The University of Tennessee
PO Box 1071
Knoxville, TN 37901-1071
Phone: (865) 974-8211
FAX: (865) 974-5616
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Qld, AUSTRALIA, 1948-1952, B.V.Sc (DVM)
- Central Technical College, Brisbane, Qld, AUSTRALIA, 1959-1960, Diploma in Photography
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Qld, AUSTRALIA, 1959-1962, M.V.Sc.
- Michigan State University, Lansing, MI, 1961-1964, Ph.D. (Pathology)
- Fellow, Australian College of Veterinary Scientists, 1998
- Editor. Veterinary Pathology, 1989-1993 Official Publication of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- Associate Editor. Veterinary Pathology, 1986-1989
- Faculty Development Award. Exchange to University of Melbourne and Animal Research Institute, Brisbane, Qld, Australia, March-May, 1983
- Fullbright Scholar. Michigan State University, 1961-1964.
- 2002 - present
American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- Member. Examination Board - Anatomic Pathology. 1975-1978
- Chairman. Examination Board - Anatomic Pathology. 1978
Veterinary Pathology Journal
- Co-Editor 1983-1985
- Associate Editor 1986-1989
- Editor 1989 - 1993
Australian College of Veterinary Scientists (Pathology Chapter)
- External Examiner for Fellowship Examination (FACVSc) 1986
Design of necropsy and auxiliary laboratories.
- Alabama Department of Agriculture Veterinary Diagnostic Lab, 2001-2002
- University College,Dublin, Ireland 2000
- Kimron VeterinaryInstitute, Beit. Dagan, Israel 50250. February 12 - February 24, 1997 and to the present.
- Queensland Department of Agriculture, Queensland, Australia.1983.
- College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee. Knoxville, TN. 1975 - 1976.
- College of Veterinary Medicine. Kansas State University. Manhattan, KS. 1975.
- Review of Graduate Programs in Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University. For the Council of Graduate Schools in the United States. Jan. 1982.
- McGavin, M.D.: Procedures for morphological studies of skeletal muscle, rat, mouse or hamster. In: Cardiovascular and Musculoskeletal Systems, T.C. Jones, U. Mohrand R.D. Hunt (eds.), pp. 101-108, 1991.
- McGavin, M.D., Walker, R.D.,Schroeder, E.C., Patton, C.S. and McCracken, M.D.: Death of an African elephant from probable toxemia attributed to chronic pulpitis. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc., 183(11):1269-1273, 1983.
- McGavin, M.D.: Progressive ovine muscular dystrophy - an animal model of human disease. Comp. Path. Bulletin, 6(3):3-4, 1974.
- McGavin, M.D., Cornelius, C.E. and Gronwall, R.R.: Lesions in Southdown sheep with hereditary hyperbilirubinemia. Path. Vet., 9:142-151, 1972.
- McGavin, M.D., Gronwall, R.R., Cornelius, C.E. and Mia, A.S.: Renal radial fibrosis in mutant Southdown sheep with congenital hyperbilirubinemia. Amer. J. Path.,67:601-610, 1972
- McGavin, M.D., Gronwall, R.R. and Mia, A.S.: Pathological changes in experimental equine anaphylaxis. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc., 160:1632-1636, 1972.
- McGavin, M.D. and Baynes, I.D.: A congenital progressive ovine muscular dystrophy. Path. Vet.,6:513-524, 1969.
- Hall, W.T.K. and McGavin, M.D.: Clinical and neuropathological changes in cattle eating the leaves of Macrozamia lucida or Bowenia serrulata. Path. Vet., 5:26-34,1968
- Mallman, W.L., Mallman, V.H.,McGavin, M.D. and Ray, J.A.: A study of pathogenicity of Runyon group III organisms isolated from bovine and porcine sources. Amer. Rev. Resp. Dis., 92:82-84, 1965.
- McGavin, M.D., Ranby, P.D. and Tammemagi, L.: Demyelination associated with low liver copper levels in pigs. Aust. Vet. J. 38:8-14, 1962.
- McGavin, M.D. Muscular System in Special Veterinary Pathology. R.G. Thomson editor. Toronto. Decker pp. 345-368, 1988.
- McGavin, M.D. and Thompson S.W.: Specimen Dissection and Photography for the Pathologist, Anatomist and Biologist. Springfield, Thomas, 1988.
- McGavin, M.D. "Muscle" in Thomson's Special Veterinary Pathology. 2nd edition. Carlton, W. and McGavin, M.D., editors. St. Louis. Mosby. 393-422. 1995.
- Carlton, William and McGavin, M. Donald. (editors) Thomson's Special Veterinary Pathology. 2nd edition. St. Louis. Mosby. 1995.
- McGavin, M. Donald, Carlton, William and Zachary, James (editors) Thomson's Special Veterinary Pathology. 3rd edition. St. Louis. Mosby. 2000.