• About H.E.RO.
Services & Organizations
Animal Rescue Contacts
• UT College of
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PET IS LOST
- Immediately look for your pet. Search the neighborhood and ask
around. Use your voice, if your pet can hear your voice, he/she will recognize it.
- Contact local shelters
- Call local vets. Injured animals may be brought to vets before being sent to the shelter.
- Leave your pet a marker. A piece of clothing you have recently worn, or your pet's favorite pillow outside of your home.
- Advertise and offer a reward. Place an ad in the local paper or post homemade flyers in public places.
- Get an ID tag with your phone number.
- Have your pet tattooed.
- Ask your vet about a microchip.
Copyright © 2002
Send questions & comments concerning this web site to the
Department of Instructional Resources, 2407 River Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996, (865) 974-VETS (8387)
LAST UPDATED: 20 June 2006