Veterinary Students & Faculty Honored
April 12, 2007
Knoxville, TN-- Congratulations to the students and faculty members from The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine who received awards at the 2007 Chancellor’s Honors Banquet. The event is held each spring to recognize students, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Tennessee for their extraordinary achievements.
Three members of the Class of 2007 were named top collegiate scholars.
- Lisa Marie Grupka received the Collegiate Scholar Citation;
- Tamera Lechner received the Professional Promise Citation, and
- Kristin Miller received the Professional Promise Citation.
- Dr. Alfred Legendre received The Macebearer award, the highest faculty honor at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. It is symbolic of the faculty’s commitment of service to students, scholarship, and society.
- Dr. Seung Joon Baek. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Pathobiology received the Professional Promise in Research and Creative Achievement Award.
- Dr. Joe Bartges, Professor, Dept. of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, received the National Alumni Association Outstanding Teacher Award. http://chancellor.utk.edu/honorsbanquet/2007/utnaa-teaching.shtml
- Dr. Melissa Kennedy, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Comparative Medicine, received the Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Dr. Dianne Mawby, Clinical Associate Professor, Dept. of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, received the Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Dr. Xuemin Xu, Associate Professor, Dept. of Pathobiology, received the Research and Creative Achievement Award.
UT College of Veterinary Medicine