Home - Grants and Contracts Homepage Home - Grants and Contracts Homepage
Grant and Contract Guidelines
* NEW IMPORTANT - PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE PROCEDURES
Guidelines to facilitate the submittal of proposals and to maximize the
support provided by our grants and contracts office.
All grants and contract documents must be compiled and ready for approval at least FIVE (5) business days in advance of the deadline. It will generally take several days of processing time for grant and contract approval, and more time if other campus departments/units or other institutions will be involved.
2. Faculty should attach these forms to the proposal, along with an RFP (request for proposal) or PA (program announcement) UNLESS it is an unsolicited, R01 NIH application.
3. List Tammy Berry as the authorized representative or person of contact regarding the application.
4. Take all applications to Tammy Berry in A301R.
The Office of Research and Graduate Studies provides support for the faculty and staff of the College of Veterinary Medicine in their efforts to obtain external funding for research and other sponsored projects, while ensuring compliance with UT policy, sponsor policy, and applicable law. A variety of services are available to assist our faculty and staff.
Services and Responsibilies
Misty Bailey, Technical Editor
- Copyediting proposals for language, mechanics, and conformance to agency guidelines as well as substantive editing for logical flow, clarity, concision and consistency
- Copyediting journal manuscripts and other scholarly works for language, mechanics, conformance to journal/poster guidelines.
- Substantive editing for structure, logical flow, clarity, concision, consistency
- Please allow one week for completion of all editing requests
Tammy Berry, Grants & Contracts Coordinator
- Finding funding opportunities
- Proposal preparation
- Budget assistance
- Assist with routing form
- Proposal review and submission
- Contract responsibilities
- Negotiate contract language
- Award agreements
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTA)
- Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDA)
- Equipment Maintenance Agreements
- All other types of agreements
Currently, there is only one person in the Office of Research and Graduate Studies reviewing proposals and contracts. Therefore, it is to your advantage to let the Office know as soon as possible when you are considering submitting a grant proposal to make sure staff is available.
A signed Permission to Apply for External Funding (routing form), draft proposal, and final budget are due to the Office 5 business days prior to the submission deadline. A final proposal is due 3 business days prior to submission. If your proposal is an electronic submission (ie. grants.gov) involving multiple campus' or outside universities, additional time for review is required.
Posted: 01-22-09 Viewed: 4593 times
Media RelationsSandra Harbison
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Tennessee
2407 River Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996