Services for Hospital Clients whose Beloved Animal has Died
Aftercare PAUSE offers ongoing and time-limited services to clients who are no longer active clients with UTCVM. UTCVM clients can request and access Aftercare services any time within 8 months after an animal's death. Some services may be fee-based.
- Free Pet Loss Packets information on animal-related grief, resources, etc.
- Follow-up phone call to provide emotional support and/or resource referral.
- Up to eight free individual, couple or family clinical counseling sessions (in person or via telephone) for grief support, as well as assessment and referral to long-term counseling if needed.
- Information and resource materials about grief, pet loss, euthanasia decision-making process, etc.
- PAUSEline for information and resource referral.
- Ongoing Pet Loss Support Groups free to Aftercare clients.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction classes.