Large and Small Animal Clinic Services at UTCVM for Veterinary Faculty, Staff and Current Clients
Hospital PAUSE offers free services to veterinary teams and clients while their animal is undergoing treatment at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine (UTCVM).
Services may be one-time, intermittent or ongoing depending on the needs of clients and their veterinary teams.
- Clinical consultation with veterinary team members.
- Veterinary team and client non-medical communication facilitation.
- Therapeutic interventions as needed - crisis intervention, brief solution-focused therapy, emotional support during the decision-making process regarding euthanasia and/or treatment, grief counseling, pet loss support, psycho-educational activities, and mediation/conflict resolution.
- PAUSEline for information and resource referral.
- Education regarding UTVSW, the human-animal bond, self-care, and compassion fatigue support, as well as referrals for veterinary teams and/or clients to community resources.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction classes.