PAUSEline: (865)755-8839, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
You can call the PAUSEline to schedule counseling or consultation appointments. If there is no answer, please leave a message and someone with return your call within 24 hours or the next business day. This is not a crisis hotline.
If at any time you are experiencing a Mental Health Emergency, please call:
- Peninsula Mobile Crisis - (865)539-2409
- Boys and Girls Town National Hotline - 1-800-448-3000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK
Immediate Veterinary Need
If you have an immediate veterinary need, please call the UT Veterinary Teaching Hospital: (865) 974-8387
If you are experiencing a non-veterinary emergency, please call: 911
To report sick, injured, or dead wildlife or stray animal for pick-up, please call:
- Knoxville City Animal Control - (865)215-8639
- Knox County Animal Control - (865)215-5240
- Animal Shelter and Adoption
To relinquish or adopt an animal in the city of Knoxville, please call:
- Young-Williams Animal Center - (865)215-6599
If you are looking for spay or neuter services in Tennessee, please call CAIT (Companion Animal Initiative of Tennessee): 1-866-907-7729