Veterinary Summer Experience
Applicants for the 2013 Veterinary Summer Experience Program MUST meet all of the requirement listed below. Exceptions to the criteria listed below will not be granted.
- Be a legal resident of the State of Tennessee and be enrolled in a Tennessee high school or home schooled
- Be a current high school junior or senior
- Be at least sixteen years of age by June 3, 2013
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Be available for full time employment (40 hours per week) between June 3 – July 19, 2013
- Have not previously participated in the Veterinary Summer Experience Program
Applicants are encouraged to apply in advance of stated deadlines. Deadlines will not be extended due to network failure or other computer related issues. Please use the link on the left side of page.
March 15, 2013 Deadline for electronic submission of application (see link on left)
March 16, 2013 Deadline for postmark of supplemental materials
April 30, 2013 Program decision notifications emailed
June 3-July 12, 2013 VSEP (Private practice experience)
July 13-19, 2013 VSEP (On campus experience)
Welcome! The Veterinary Summer Experience Program seeks to provide worthwhile opportunities for students interested in veterinary medicine while simultaneously generating a pool of potential veterinary students. To this end, the program has been designed to provide valuable educational experiences and acquaint students with all facets of our exciting profession. Students will work in a local veterinary practice in their hometown for seven weeks and then spend one week in Knoxville as guests of the veterinary college. While here, they will be involved in various educational programs including lectures, laboratories, and clinical rotations.