Examples of Duties of Public Health Veterinarians
- Educate the public and other professionals about zoonotic diseases
- Serve as experts in controlling the spread of diseases such as avian influenza, brocellosis and other diseases fo animals and people.
- Work in laboratories to ensure medicines are safe for human and animal use
- Insure that meat, dairy and poultry products safe for people to eat
- Train health professionals as well as agricultural and food industry workers on agro/bio terrorism prevention and training
- Implement Rabies prevention program
- Demonstrate sustainable development
- Research and appreciation of Human Animal Bond
Opportunities for field placement exist with Federal,
State and local governmental agencies as well as
non-governmental agencies. As part of the MPH Program students often complete a field placement where one or more of the duties will be experienced.