The Veterinary Public Health Concentration -- Internship / Master's Essay
In addition to the foundation courses (17 hours) and the concentration courses (19 hours), students must complete...
- a Field Internship or Master's essay for a total of 6 additional hours
- An internship (field practice) requires that the student be involved in the work of the field organization on either a full-time basis (40 hours a week) for 9 weeks or on a part-time basis (22.5 hours a week) for 16 weeks of a semester.
- Must have completed 15 semester hours of graduate course work for the master’s essay option
- Must have completed 24 hours of course work for the internship option
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in course work taken toward the MPH degree.
- Guidelines for Master's Essay
- Student Request for Field Practice or Master's Essay (PH-09)
587-88 INTERNSHIP (3,3) Internship (veterinary public health) in either approved organizational or research setting under supervision of designated preceptor.
Prereq: MPH major, one semester advance notice and consent of major advisor. 589 credit available only for approved extended placements. S/NC only. Fall, Spring, Summer
In order to take required courses in public health (i.e., those with the PH prefix), students should be accepted in the MPH Program. Some courses may be closed to students who are not accepted in the MPH Program.
Guidelines on Field Internships
Student Request for Field Practice or Master's Essay (PH-09)