Clinical Trials and Ongoing Research Studies
- Treatment of feline infectious peritonitis with polyprenyl immunostimulant. Contact: Dr. Alfred Legendre.
- The UTCVM Comparative Oncology Program tumor tissue and DNA bank. Contact: Dr. Amy LeBlanc, or Dr. Al Legendre
- Treatment with tyrosine kinase and chemotherapy of advanced malignancies. Contact: Dr. Al Legendre.
- Identifying risk factors for the development of canine osteosarcoma. Contact: Dr. Amy LeBlanc, or Dr. Al Legendre
- Evaluation of the mTOR inhibitor Rapamycin in tumor-bearing dogs. For more information, see: Medical Oncology. Contact: Dr. Amy LeBlanc
- Evaluation of topotecan in dogs with naive or recurrent lymphoma. Contact: Dr. Amy LeBlanc, or Dr. Al Legendre
- Evaluation of novel optical imaging agent, fluorocoxib A, for detection of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)-expressing cancers of head and neck carcinomas, colorectal carcinomas in dogs and cats. Contact: Drs. Maria Cekanova, Al Legendre, Joseph Bartges or Amanda Callens
- Palliation of non resectable solid tumors in dogs and cats with carboplatin and hyperthermia. Contact: Dr. Olya Smrkovski
Physical Rehabilitation / CARES
- Effects of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), low level laser treatment (LLLT), and acupuncture on hip and stifle (knee) osteoarthritis (OA) in dogs. Contact: Dr. Darryl Millis or Dr. Marti Drum.
- Effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell therapy on stifle joint inflammation in dogs with naturally occurring osteoarthritis undergoing a tibial plateau leveling osteotomy. Contact: Drs. Darryl Millis, Marti Drum, Joseph Weigel or Maria Cekanova
- Prevalence of osteoarthritis in dogs undergoing routine dental prophylaxis. Contact: Dr. Michelle Tichenor