Clinical Trials and Ongoing Research Studies
Center for Equine Veterinary Research
- "Pomeranians who have been diagnosed with alopecia X." Contact: Drs. Jackie Bryan or Linda Frank.
- Treatment of feline infectious peritonitis with polyprenyl immunostimulant. Contact: Dr. Alfred Legendre.
- MRI characterization of cutaneous mast cell tumors and their regional lymph nodes in dogs (free MRI exam for dogs meeting inclusion criteria.) Contact: Dr. Steve Pokorny or Dr. Silke Hecht.
- Body composition of overweight and extremely obese dogs. Contact: Drs. Angela Lusby or Claudia Kirk
- Body composition of overweight and extremely obese cats. Contact: Drs. Angela Lusby or Claudia Kirk
- The UTCVM Comparative Oncology Program tumor tissue and DNA bank.
- Treatment with tyrosine kinase and chemotherapy of advanced malignancies.
- Identifying risk factors for the development of canine osteosarcoma.
- Evaluation of the mTOR inhibitor Rapamycin in tumor-bearing dogs.
- "Evaluation of topotecan in dogs with naive or recurrent lymphoma."
Physical Rehabilitation / CARES
- Effects of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), low level laser treatment (LLLT), and acupuncture on hip and stifle (knee) osteoarthritis (OA) in dogs. Contact: Dr. Darryl Millis or Dr. Marti Drum.
Contrast enhancement patterns of intervertebral disc herniation in dogs on MRI. Contact: Dr. Andrea Matthews
Soft Tissue Surgery
Silicon footpad implants in greyhounds with corns. Contact: Dr. Mark Bohling
Evaluation of intratracheal stenting in dogs with collapsing trachea. Contact: Drs. Mark Bohling, or Patricia Sura. http://www.yorkieangelpatrol.com/
Soft Tissue Surgery / Oncology
- Investigation of sentinel nodes in cutaneous mast cell disease. Contact: Dr. Patricia Sura.
- Evaluation of Bichons with calcium oxalate urinary stones. Contact: Dr. Joe Bartges
- Contact Dr. Joe Bartges or see http://www.vet.utk.edu/clinical/sacs/urology/index.php
- "Evaluation of a new treatment for urinary incontinence in spayed female dogs." Contact: Dr. Joe Bartges or Amanda Callens.