Clinical Trials and Ongoing Research Studies
- Treatment of feline infectious peritonitis with polyprenyl immunostimulant. Contact: Dr. Alfred Legendre.
- Oncology Clinical Trials December 2013 (12/2013)
- A new clinical trial for mast cell tumors in dogs is now open. Please click here for more information (12/2013)
- Evaluation of novel optical imaging agent, fluorocoxib A, for detection of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)-expressing cancers of head and neck carcinomas, colorectal carcinomas in dogs and cats. Contact: Drs. Maria Cekanova, Al Legendre, Joseph Bartges or Amanda Callens
- Palliation of non resectable solid tumors in dogs and cats with carboplatin and hyperthermia. Contact: Dr. Olya Smrkovski
Physical Rehabilitation / CARES
- Effects of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), low level laser treatment (LLLT), and acupuncture on hip and stifle (knee) osteoarthritis (OA) in dogs. Contact: Dr. Darryl Millis or Dr. Marti Drum.
- Effects of autologous mesenchymal stem cell therapy on stifle joint inflammation in dogs with naturally occurring osteoarthritis undergoing a tibial plateau leveling osteotomy. Contact: Drs. Darryl Millis, Marti Drum, Joseph Weigel or Maria Cekanova
- Prevalence of osteoarthritis in dogs undergoing routine dental prophylaxis. Contact: Dr. Michelle Tichenor